Isofoto.fr

Isofoto.fr
Check my new photo site :)

What else


- Waiting end of August to be back to France and see my family...

- 'Summer' is almost over here .... ;(

- It is migraines' week.... ;(
.

Trip to Coorg... Me Jane... where is Tarzan?


It s always when u need him that he s never here!!! Anyway, joke apart, let s talk about my trip to Coorg. I left on thursday night last week by train from Hyd with Sid. And I have to say that i m still not used to all the attention I get due to my pale face... i m feeling i m in a zoo but i m the one behind the cage... wonder if someone will throw at me spicy masala peanuts!!! So obviously i m the only white @ss on the quay and since the train in 30 min late well what else u wanna do right!
So the train finally arrive, when surprisingly for me, I saw a bunch of guys rushing to the first doors of the train ... WTF... the train was still movin!!!! Then Sid told me it was the 'un reserved seats' and due to the number of people rushing to it i could imagine they were def more people than seat available but apparently as long as u can fit people inside they ll go... did i mention it was around 30 degrees and this wagon did not have A/C.




So I took the luxe to travel in 1st A/C... and when i saw it the first time... well let s say that it was far away from a 1st class in France but the sheets were clean and the A/C was working. And compare to the 'Western style' toilets of the train the sleep compartment was a 5 stars hotel... but when u sweat all day and u are in desperate need to get a shower, and when u don t know how that

freakin shower works well the only option left is to use the '@ss tiny shower' thingy (i still don t get the name) pretending it is a normal shower and avoiding visualizing what people can do with it in general use!
We arrive in Blore on friday morning, and we took a cab to Merkara capital of the province of Coorg. 7 hours later we reach a peaceful and quiet place lost in the middle of Coffee plantation... 50 000 people leaving here.... so far from busy Hyderabad.
Weather: extremely AWESOME
Guest house: extremely HUUGE
So we spent the saturday doin nothing... tanning... sleeping...eating... discussing.... sleeping.... and it was great to do nothing :P
We spent the sunday in an elephant camp, when we arrived I saw that the ticket were more expensive for wite face and it was forbidden to take pics, however couple of extra rupees and instantly I was allowed to take pics!!! Btw he took our entrance fee in his pocket since we did not get a receit for the tour compare to the previous customers... strange!!!






We saw the shower time:











On a funny note, we were wondering if this elephant was a mal or a female until i took that pic :P






The breakfast:

I dunno what the hell they were given to them but it was pretty big and they swallowed that like a smarties!












Me and the big one:
He rubbed his nose against my arm which left a big trace of mud ... so i can kept a souvenir from him, don t u think it looks like he s laughing at me on that pic!







Then we went to a different park where we saw more animals like these monkeys,



rabbits, I even saw Bambi and his girlfriend



and I took a rid with an elephant... it was written 20 rupees for 10 minits (mispelling on purpose) so maybe minits are shorter than actual minutes since we stayed roughly 5 min on his back, but it felt funny, i could feel his muscles everytime he was moving.
On our way back we visited a Buddhism temple, pretty amazing and colorful!!!



Apparently the boss of this temple died 15 days ago and they kept his body still so that people can come and pay their tributes before they put him in a graveyard.
Then we went to eat a local restaurant where my friend ate on a banana leaf yeah, i know but i got my plate :P


On monday we left back to Blore and this time we took a bus, it was supposed to be a cool bus, a volvo bus or something, don t remember the name, anyway, I spent 6 hours of my life in that bus!!!!! yes and zoom on the pic, look at the driver s wheel and check out that evil big red button that was not part of the bus when they bought it at the first place im sure, well this freakin driver used it soooooooo many times, and EVERY TIME he was using it I felt like he was raping my ears grrrrrrrrr....






PS: stay tuned for the next 'Trip to Vizag wid Hems'... i ll upload the rest of the pics soon on my usual Smugmug! Take care People!


16 people read it till the end and comment on it ;):

Hemanth Potluri said...

i have known this all before even reading :P...and u dared to be the bus :)..

urs..hemu..

Anonymous said...

The weather must be too hot.
Enjoy ! Enjoy ! Enjoy !

Anya said...

you are funnt in describing my country... sooper

www.chronicwriter.com

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

hehehhehe

u had an awesome trip i can see ..think we live here everyday then wonderful it must be for us :P

but why the ele is giving u a mischivious smile :P huh ??

Keshi said...

wonderful pics, wonderful trip!

I wanna eat on a banana leaf too..I love the flavor of it all!

Enjoy Cess miss ya!

Keshi.

Gypsy Couple said...

He He.. extremely funny post..! Considering that it is an outsiders view of trains,coorg and the lot, its a brilliant piece.

Will be waiting for your next piece..

Renu said...

good photos and description:)

Cess said...

@ Hems
:) at least I did it !
C.

Cess said...

@ Hobo
The weather was awesome dude!!!
C

Cess said...

@ Chrizz
Thanks dude :P
tc
C

Cess said...

@ Sourish
ggrrrrrr
i know u re lucky :) but there is also good things livin in France trust me :P
tc
C

Cess said...

@ Keshi
thanks sweetie, it was a great trip indeed!!!
tc
c

Cess said...

@R3d3MpTioN
Thanks for passing by, glad u liked it.
Cheers
C

Cess said...

@ Renu
Thanks, I hope u re having a nice time in Europe :)
tc
C

rainboy said...

someone's having one exploring ...lol

Taufeeq Coorg said...

http://www.CoorgCreek.com


We provide complete tourism info on Coorg/Kodagu including maps, how to reach guides, cuisine, recipe, Coorg people, Kodava culture, Kodava wedding, tours operators, routes, suggestions, photo gallery, poetry, Kodava family names, Kodava hockey tournments, shopping in Coorg, phone directory, hotels/resorts/home-stays/plantation-stays listing and more...