Isofoto.fr

Isofoto.fr
Check my new photo site :)

What else


- Waiting end of August to be back to France and see my family...

- 'Summer' is almost over here .... ;(

- It is migraines' week.... ;(
.

A trip to the French Pink City with some delicacies ;)

So i m back in Dublin, I left the sunny 30 degrees of Toulouse for the Irish rain ;( In order to get over it, I decided it was time to talk about my trip, about THE real Pink city, I heard some people saying it is Jaipur but it s not ;) and of course I have to mention the FOOD!
So, saturday I had a wedding (see previous post). Sunday I went to see my dad, who is the king to make bbq, really, well this time he overcooked just a bit the duck but the rest, as u can see on the pics was really good. And because the weather was warm and chill out, we ate on the terrace.


Now, I m also a paparazzi and I do love dogs, so I went to see the dogs of the 'brother-in-law of my mother-in-law' (yeah I know, I have a small but complex family ;), he has 7 hunting dogs really cute ones.


On monday, my friends from Ireland, wisely decided to go to south of France to enjoy the sun and see THE Pink City, which is Toulouse , which is well known because it s here that we are building the biggest plane the Airbus A380, also named the 'Pink city' because of its distinctive brick architecture (click on the link above).


On the above picture u can see the very famous 'Place du Capitol' which is the biggest plazza with the town hall called the Capitolum (in Latin), which was built partially with bricks. Usually, when the Stade Toulousain which the rugby team of this city wins the French Championship like this year, they come on the balcony of the city hall, holding the trophee to celebrate their victory with all the 'Toulousains' (people from Toulouse) wearing black and red (color of the team) while singing "Qui ne saute pas, n est pas Toulou - sain" which means who does not jump, is not from Toulouse!


We passed by the Cathedrale of Saint Sernin, very well known as well, Claude Nougaro a french singer who passed away recently and was from Toulouse, made a song about this city and this cathedrale. My high school was just in front of it.

On the way to the restaurant we walked through the hall in front of the city hall, where u can find very posh and expensive bars, if u looked at the ceiling u could see painting made by a local artist all the way till the end of the hall.


After a small tour of the city we went to the 7th Heaven, which a restaurant. I took the rump steak with a dressing made with mustard and seeds' mustard, and some sautéed potatoes, it was exquisite...


My friend took the duck breast which looked yummy as well:


As for the desert, omg I took the 'crepe' which is a kind of thin pancake with some hot french chocolate on top it... no word to describe it


As for my mum, she took THE profiteroles!!! She could not finished it, because of the size ;)

Now on tuesday, I stayed with my mum, of course we had to eat, she went in the garden to pick up some vegetables ;( When u see the picture below, it might look like just vegetable for u, but for me it s not just a vegetable, it s a REAL vegetable, the one that looks a bit dirty but when it s clean, u don t need anything else to eat, no dressing, no need to cook the tomatoe, no, just eat it with nothing. I m not able to do that in Ireland, tomatoes need sun to grow ;( there is no sun in ireland, it s only exported tomatoes and by the time they arrived here they lost their taste on the way. As for the second pic next to it, it s one of my favorite dish, after u did a bbq, u use the rest of the hot charcoal and put some red peppers on it, u turn it till it becomes roughly black, then u roll it on a piece of newspaper (does not matter which newspaper u sue ;) all night, the next morning, u peel it, remove the seeds, then put it on a plate, add some olive oil, salt and peper and some small pieces of garlic, leave it on the frigde then serve it for lunch or diner..... AWESOME my friends ;)

Next time, I ll show u a pic of my mum s fridge and mine here in Dublin, so u can see how sad my fridge is and me compare to my mum s one ;) Now if u are still hungry ;) u can see my pics of one of my previous trip to south of France (this time with my grandparents), I have the tendancy to take pics of everything I eat in France just to get some souvenirs of good foods when i m here in Dublin ;(

Last question: what s ur favourite dish? give me some details i m not familiar with all the Indian dish ;)

30 people read it till the end and comment on it ;):

Anonymous said...

Girl that food looked soooooooo good! and your dad is the king of bbq? LOL!! We call my daddy the master chef! lol

I am so glad you had a great time I am still stuck on the duck and the Chocolate!! lol

Shalom!
Ne.

Cess said...

@ singlendacity89, yeah my dad kicks ass for the BBQ, what can I say, I m french, I m supposed to be arrogant ;) (french stereotype)
I need proof that ur dad is the Master Chef ;) send me pics ;)

Renu said...

very good description, though being a vegetarian, I cant say anything about the dishes, but the photo of a museum made me feel so nostalgic and i started remebering my trip to Louvre,paris, chamonix, we used to live in Annecy:)

Indian cuisine is vary much varies acording to the region.I love Indian sweets and i used to miss them when i was there because other things I could cook but not typical sweets like rasgullas and all that.
My dad was a traditional Indian, he wudnt know even how to get a glass of water:), but my husband is an excellent cook, and he practised it mainly when he was in France alone and he had to manage:)

Cess said...

@ Renu, u ve been livin to France, how this happen? how long? So u speak French? Was Annecy not too cold for u during the winter?

Keshi said...

wow wut a lovely post with so many great pics and insights into ur life!

I love the pups, so cute!


**profiteroles

u hv no idea how much I love em! :):)


The food looks so yummy. *droolz* It looks very healthy too.



**what s ur favourite dish?

hard to pick one cos Im big on food lol! Im originally from Sri Lanka, so I'd say my fav SL dish is

Ambul Thiyal - Tuna curry, made in a dry n spicy gravy and eaten with milk rice. yum!


Keshi.

Cess said...

@ Keshi
Ambul Thiyal sounds delicious ;)
as for the profiteroles i m a big fan of them too, specially the hot chocolate on top of it...so gooood ;)

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

wohaaa....
that was a wonderful tour that u had and u showed to us that beautifully :)

glad u r having loads of fun..and now I got where to get bbq wen I m in france thanks to dad's daughter :P

I love biryanis and kababs :P..come to india I will serve u both..homecooked :)

Si_Lee said...

'brother-in-law of my mother-in-law' ????
how do u hv a mother-in-law di ? :P
i thot u had steak twice .. and yet only one pics of it ???

Cess said...

@ τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя u re more then welcome to taste my dad s bbq, as for if i m coming to India i d loved to taste ur kabab and biryani ;)

Cess said...

2 descrying the shadows well, my dad has a wife who is my mother in low, she has a sister who has a husband, so if i m right this husband is the brother-in-law of my mother-in-law right? As for the steak I got more than 2 but I forgot to take my camera for the giant bloody steak of friday ;(

Sameera Ansari said...

Wow lovely shots!Looks like you had a great time :)

And the food looks sooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

I want tht pastry...u owe me 1 wen u come 2 India ;-)

u really had a blast huh ;-)

Cess said...

@ *~*{Sameera}*~*
yes the food was awesome, it was a great weekend though I got sick on the way because of the change of climate ;( but it s ok it did not stop me to eat really well ;)

Cess said...

@ swats
he he, i won t be able to make it, but i can make some crepes (thin pancake) and I can bring some french chocolate IF i m coming to India ;)

--xh-- said...

wow, lovely snaps... i want to go out today night and have steaks... i am so hungry now...
I had loads of sea food when i went home this time, but I did not take any fotos. Mom prepared lot of spicy prawns curry, and fish fry with different kind of fishes, and the food @ the marriage was just awesome - Mutton, chicken,beef,fish - you name it and the food was there.
my favourite dish - well, it is so hard to point out a dish - it will be an injustice to all the other dishes I enjoy. Among the dishes from kerala, i love chakka Puzukku(raw jackfruit curry, made with lot of green chillies, coconut and turmeric powder) this is how it looks like - to give you just an idea - http://flickr.com/photos/experthand/106143086/sizes/l/

Cess said...

@ --xh-- yeah steak rocks!!!! U should get some ;) with mustard even better ;) Ur dish looks good but it will be too spicy for me ;(

Chaggoholic.... said...

The desserts were awesome.Nicely covered post....

Cess said...

@ Chaggoholic.... yes awesome desertd, i m not a big fan of desert, i m more a salty person, but, if there is some hot dark chocolate on top of it, it can work for me ;)

Vinz said...

those were yummy pics..
i do love 'naan' and any spicy chicken curry

but actually, i gt many fav's..

i love goan fish curries, kerala tapioca dished out with fish..
then, anything with paneer..

lots and lots..hard to pick few..!!
am a total foodie..!!

:)

Cess said...

@ Vinz aka Vinu
It s a pleasure talkin to an other foodie ;) I love naan too, well I ve never eat a real one in India, only Indian restaurants in Europe, but i ll be the first thing, I already asked my friends, when they ll come to pick me up at the airport in India to bring me a naan ;)

Renu said...

Cess I was in Annecy for 3 months as my husband was there for one yr. I was there in May june july and it was cold but sometimes very pleasant.
My husband can speak french, i also understand a little:)

Anonymous said...

Woh, one hell of a trip i can see :)

I don't think i can pick on dish I like but I can pick one snack that I die for, its pani puri!

i'm quite certain i won't do a good job of describing it, so here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phuchka

a sad version of this is available in that pakistani resto, Madina on Henry St

Cess said...

@ Renu, really really cool that u came to France, i hope u enjoyed the food, well we don t have much spicy food there but still ;)
well i hope i can come to India to enjoy the sun!!!! ;)

Cess said...

@ rosemilkinabottle mmmmmm that sounds yummy i don t want to eat a bad version, i d rather wait till I m coming to India, if i m coming. I m wondering, is it spicy? can i get a non spicy one? ;)

Si_Lee said...

di your husbands mother is your mother-in-law
she is your step mother

Cess said...

@ descrying the shadows fine u smart ass, so can u tell me what i wrote meant?
FYI I m French remember, It would have been easier if it was in French ;)

Keshi said...

**specially the hot chocolate on top of it

omg Im drooling on my keyboard, and Im at work. lol!

Keshi.

Cess said...

@ Keshi LOL, it s almost 2AM now, i think i m go make a tour in the kitchen just to check if my french chocolate does not feel too lonely ;)

Renu said...

I liked there fruit tarts,and we made many good friends:)had a real god time, visiting whole Europe from there:)

Cess said...

@ Renu
I m glad u like ur europran trip. And we do have lots of good fruits tartes, but the better are always made by our mum or grandma ;)