Isofoto.fr

Isofoto.fr
Check my new photo site :)

What else


- Waiting end of August to be back to France and see my family...

- 'Summer' is almost over here .... ;(

- It is migraines' week.... ;(
.

From generation to generation...

While looking at my pictures I start thinking, why do I love so much taking pictures. I think everything start with my grandma...She was the first who showed an interest in taking pictures, she has an amazing collection of pictures of the family, and I love her so much for that, i always said to her that the day she will leave, i don t want anything except her pictures, the best treasure ever. At 76, she s using a pc, chat with me on the internet, scans her pics, compare to my mum my god!
That s her, with me ;) first time I opened my eyes. The pic was took by my dad, who got the 'pic virus' from his mum. It s quite funny though, when my mum was about to give birth, my dad asked to wait a bit more so he could arrange the lights to take the best pics of me (he was good friend with the doctor) and when my mum was about to push my dad yelled 'WAIT!!! I forgot to put the film!' i have to say I was in hurry to get out, I was born 1 month before the due date!
I start using the 'plastic camera'when I was 14 I guess, every time I come home, I can see a pile of pics that my mum asked every time to clean it, but i can t get rid of it, and of course my mum does not have a scanner to scan them all! I really start taking pics with the digital camera appears, my first one, was a loosy HP that I could afford my few money! But I guess the real thing that made me want to take pictures was because of my dad s amazing shots. Years ago, he was using the 'reflex' camera with film, developing them in the 'dark room', and I think the picture that touch me the most is the one he made with my mum and I:

I simply love it, we re both eating crackers, it was an instant moment, we weren t posing on it... i can t even explain what i feel, but it is my fav pic! Now last year, I finally made it, I bought my first Nikon D40 which i m very proud of, u can find all my pics on my SMUGMUG! I hope I ll be able to make great shots, i d love to be a photographer.
I guess, this is one passion I share with my grandma and my dad:


i m happy about it, but we don t have all the same passions of course. Do u guys share a passion with a relative? Which one?

22 people read it till the end and comment on it ;):

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

wow that shot is wonderful..and u looked so cute busy eating crackers..

I don have any habit..my dad's a man of music and my mom a great cooker..and m the only one in the family..who can't do anything...though I love cooking and listening to good music :)

I will take out time to admire ur work soon..

hehheehhehe..but that moment was awesome..that u were in hurry to get out and dad is busy searching the rolls :P

lol

Si_Lee said...

Well i guess in my family we all are very highly opinionated people and considered good orators and debaters... with an inclination towards poetry .. my father my bro me ... Moms a principal so it's something very obvious in her as well

Gayatri said...

hmm.. everyone in my family loves music! Cess, you're soooo cute in the cracker eating pic. Btw, you should tell your mum i think really pretty :)

Cess said...

@τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя
ur dad is man of music, is he a musician? if yes what instrument is he playin?
U love cookin? what s ur favourite dish and the one u cook the best?

Cess said...

@ descrying the shadows
I think its good to share something with ur parents, u can always learn from them, I love to listen to my dad when he s talking about lens, or mode to shoot specific objects/landscape/portrait, u learn a lot.

Cess said...

@Gayatri
thanks sweetie, and I keep telling my mum she should grow back her hair, cause she has short one now, but she said she grow older and it does not look the same ;(

Vasanthan said...

a picture speaks a thousand words, and pictures of our childhood speaks so much that a day is not enough.

Vasanthan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teline said...

@Vasanthan Hey, thanks for passing by, u re so right about the pictures, sometimes u can t really describe one pic with words,the picture says it all.

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

My dad's a CT guy...and he can play music..he can play most of the indian classical instruments..harmonium tabla guitar violin sitar and nowadays he is devoting his spare time for his brand new Yamaha synth...

and my favrite dish...mmmmmm Have u tasted Biryani...???it's awesome... and I can cook anything that I have tasted Indian ..chinese......but the best i can cook is Chicken kabab :)

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

Can u cook ????????????

--xh-- said...

My dad likes taking pics and he had a Yashica, and i was always attracted to it. I never got a personal cam, but used to take pics in my cousins and friends cam, and during my puc, i got my first chance to use a filim SLR, and I fell in love with it. ( I read about SLRs when I was in school and i knew that i will own one of them one day) Last year, after a string of ( film and digital)point and shoot cameras, I got my D40.

u take nice snaps :-D

My dad is a wizard with automobiles and DIY stuff and my mom cooks amazingly well. I share all these passions, and am a self confessed foodie and I love cooking, and I do cook well. Automobiles - they are part and parcel of my life :-D I love working on them as much as riding/driving them.

Cess said...

@τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя , of course I know Biryiani!!! Well at least european biryani ;) Good that u know how to cook so that i ll come to visit u when i m going to India (i hope it will happened this year) and u can cook for me. Where are u living in India by the way?

Cess said...

@τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя ,and yes I can cook, and trust i m going to France this weekend, I have already 2 posts in mind, one for the wedding of my friends, and one about south of france, sun and food!!!! and u re gonna love this place ;)

Cess said...

@ --xh-- it s nice to share passions with parents, u can definitively learn from them. And as I said to τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя when i come to India i ll come to see and u ll cook for me ;) I might have asked u the question already but i don t remember, where u are living in India?

Cess said...

@ τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя LOOOL, now I just realized I asked u two posts earlier where u from and that u replied to me... already! so ignore my question on this post ;)

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

ignored...lol

and come soon to India..I will cook u biryani :P


and also chicken kabab :P

--xh-- said...

I think i hv told u b4, but here it goes again - me staying @ bangalore, and you are most welcome to enjoy my culinary skills :-D

Cess said...

@ τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя I can t wait to taste for a chicken kabab, trust me u ll know on my blog when i m going to India

Cess said...

@--xh-- I ll make I ll pass by to Bangalore for a weekend, so u can cook me a nice dish too ;)

Renu said...

Ver ynice post:) My daughter share with her father the habit of doing eveything with lot of patience and perfection and my son is so much like me emotional and caring.
hey can i blog roll u?

Teline said...

@renu, it s cool to share passion with our parents, I m going to France this weekend and I can t wait to talk about photos and lens with my dad, it s really cool.
Of course u can blog roll me, I already blog roll u ;)