Isofoto.fr

Isofoto.fr
Check my new photo site :)

What else


- Waiting end of August to be back to France and see my family...

- 'Summer' is almost over here .... ;(

- It is migraines' week.... ;(
.

Festival of World Cultures + Tagged ;)





This weekend, we had our 8th Festival of World s Cultures in Dun Laoghaire, in south of Dublin. This year I was volunteer to 'roam', as a photographer, to click the singers during this Festival. Most of the concerts and workshops, coming from all over the world were free ;) and outdoor ;( Why ;(, it s because on saturday we got.... again.... a damn cold rain! Please, remember that it is supposed to be 'summer'!!! Anyway, I was wearing a giant raincoat sponsorised by RTE, which looked more like a bin bag, but at least I was kind of protecting. My duties were to walk around the city and take some pics. I saw many things that day with Samba de Rua mixed with a scottish group (that I forgot the name) but the mix between the 2 so different types of music was just awesome. I also got the chance to see some Sikhs Martial Arts which was brilliant and crazy to see what the elder man can do blindfolded eyes.


We had to hit back home earlier because of Rohit, who freshly came from sunny India to rainny cold Dublin for 6 weeks was freazin cold, my feet were also in a bad shape and since I had to get back the next it was time to leave.
The next day, I was really lookin forward because of Sergent Garcia, great half french half spanish singer who was about to perform on the stage and thanks god we got a perfect sunny not too hot weather!!!!! Before that, we saw many differents workshops, or these crazy guys who disguised themselves and stand up for hours outside trying to get money for their courage (I would not do that myself, 4 hours straight without moving.... kill me now).


We finish though we a great performance by Sergent Garcia.


We went back home, tired, exhausted! Because I was a volunteer they gave me a small thingy that can mesure how many foot steps I did, and listen to this I did for sunday only, 24 578 foot steps, that s right!! I was very impressed. Today, since it was a day at work, and I m spending most of the time, my ass on a chair, I did only 1 670 foot steps ;( Anyway, overall it was a great weekend!!!!!!
=============================
TAGGED, that s right, for the first time thanks to --xh-- I have beeeeeeeeeen tagged! So i m very proud to do my first tag ;) so --xh-- tagged me recently with a "list-5-of-ur-fav-quotes" tag. Actually i don t really have favourite quotes except 1, so I went on site to see some quotes and here the ones I selected:
1) 'homme qui rit a moitié dans son lit' which mean 'Man who laughs halfway through ur bed,' i found it funny because i m not too bad making men laugh but it does not mean they will actually managed their full way to my bed;) (the quote is valid for woman as well ;)
2)'It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all' and maaan I have lots of ideas ;) does not mean all of them are feasable.
3)'I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.' Fred allen, so true!
4)'I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens. ' Woody Allen, I just don t want to suffer, who want it anyway!
5)Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. Francis Bacon, oh man me having lots of imagination and sense of humor...dunno what to think now ;(
As usual, I am not tagging anyone, and u know why ;)




11 people read it till the end and comment on it ;):

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

wow..this post actually made me jealous...it's scorching summer here...and I so want a cool rain...and then to going in a fest which is so like a carnival..u r lucky soul...but that footstep thingy was cool stuff..seems like I've to buy one :P

and I loved the quote of that long walk...lol...

another cool post...

--xh-- said...

wow, world cultural festival - nice shots.. i like the dressed up face one particularly... nice angle and lighting :) and hey, me too uses a D40 :)

ncie selection of quotes.. so, what are the ideas u having? ;)

Solitaire said...

Sounds like a fun event!

I like quote number 3!

Teline said...

@ τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя
It s not a cool rain, it was a cold rain which much different, u should my friend from India, he was freakin frozen ;)

Teline said...

@--xh-- My D40 is my baby, I love him so much, I m always happy when I m taking pics with. As for the ideas, jeeez the list is pretty long, but usually the idea is coming out of nowhere, not something that i think for age!

Cess said...

@solitaire
It was a great fun event, getting better each year actually!
AS for the quote yeah true, i m not much of a walker unless it s necessary, but it s good when the annoying people know when to walk away

--xh-- said...

my D40 is my baby - her name is 'Moi' (pronounced as mo-E) and i love her absolutely :)

Cess said...

@--xh-- that s why u label ur last post as Moi, I see, cause I was wondering why did u used a french word as a label? ;)

--xh-- said...

yes.. thazt why my photos are labeled as Moi :)

Ashish said...

Festival sounds interesting..5th quote is the best!!!

Cess said...

@ashish, the Festival was really really cool, as for the 5th quotes, I still don t know what to think ;(but at least I have imagination, life would be boring without it!